We are a path for connections.
The University of Michigan’s Business Engagement Center is the pathway connecting dynamic organizations with remarkable talent and resources. We inspire successful collaboration and act as a catalyst to create meaningful, invaluable partnerships. We connect the world’s brightest minds with the world’s greatest companies, sparking innovation and change through collaboration.
We are catalysts for results.
Results. We get them. We push for them. We take the steps, put in the time, and aggressively strive to ensure them. It’s what is best for the University, our faculty, our students, and the organizations we work with. There is a reason why the most cutting-edge companies and ingenious minds in the world seek us out: we have the connections and experience to make an impact locally, nationally, and globally. Established in 2007, the Business Engagement Center at the University of Michigan is sponsored jointly by the U-M Office of Research and the Office of University Development and is housed in the North Campus Research Complex.
We support faculty and students by:
- Connecting students with real-world experiences through internships, jobs, and professional projects
- Arranging visits for partner organizations
- Helping in the development of Master Research Agreements
- Assisting in securing industry letters of interest and support
- Soliciting corporate philanthropy for fellowships and professorships
- Bringing together faculty and industry for purposes of research, recruiting, consulting, and speaking opportunities
We support companies by:
- Securing access to student talent and connecting companies with student design/team projects
- Helping discover joint research projects and leveraging faculty expertise
- Finding lab space/specialized facilities
- Uncovering technology/commercialization opportunities
- Introducing companies to professional development opportunities across all campuses
- Connecting employees with U-M advisory boards
- Identifying strategic giving possibilities