The University of Michigan Lurie Nanofabrication Facility (LNF) offers easy access to equipment, processes and expert staff support for research on semiconductors, MEMS and microsystems, microfluidic/nanofluidic systems, III-V compound devices, organic materials and devices and advanced coating, patterning, nanofabrication technologies and bio applications. It is available for use by research groups from universities, government, and industry, and provides expertise to help and advise researchers with their projects.
Building upon the success of earlier events, we continue our annual tradition of bringing the whole Lurie Nanofabrication Facility community together to learn about each other’s work and celebrate the wide variety of research being done at the LNF. The symposium is open to all, and LNF tours can be scheduled at the end of the symposium for those interested. Food will be provided.
On Thursday, December 1, join LNF at the prestigious Gerald Ford Library from 10am to 4:30pm for the 4th Annual Lurie Nanofabrication Facility Users Symposium and hear a keynote speech, listen to fellow users’ presentations, attend a poster sessions and enjoy excellent food! The keynote speaker, Prof. Mark Kushner, will talk about “The Role of Plasma Modeling in the Innovation Cycle for Nanofabrication.”
- 10:00am: Welcome from Professor Wei Lu, LNF Director
- 10:15am – 11:15am: Keynote Speaker, Professor Mark Kushner, “The Role of Plasma Modeling in the Innovation Cycle for Nanofabrication“
- 11:15am – 1:20pm: LNF Users Poster Sessions with over 40 posters and excellent food!
- New this year: Vendor Exhibition!
LNF Users Tech Talks, part I
- 1:20pm Prof. Sunitha Nagrath (U-M Chem. Eng.) “Microfluidics and Nanotechnology: Future of Cancer Research and Personalized Medicine”
- 1:50pm Dr. Thomas Daunais (Upland Nanotech)
- 2:10pm Tal Nagourney (U-M EECS)
- 2:30pm – 2:45pm: Coffee Break
LNF Users Tech Talks, part II
- 2:45pm Yun Suk Eo (U-M Physics)
- 3:05pm Mikai Cheng (U-M ME)
- 3:25pm Meredith Henstridge (U-M Physics)
- 3:45pm Brandon Demory (U-M EECS)
- 4:05pm: Poster Prizes and Wrap Up
- 4:30pm: Adjourn and LNF tours for those who signed up
Gerald Ford Library, 1000 Beal Ave, Ann Arbor, MI 48109
December 1, 10am-4:30pm