Resources for Companies
The need for a highly skilled, knowledge-driven workforce is more important than ever.
To stay competitive, your company can enroll executives and employees in a variety of University of Michigan continuing education programs that are designed to keep professionals at the forefront of their fields through post-graduate coursework and mentoring. These programs are taught by experts in their field, providing executives with an applicable education that they can take and deploy in their organization.
From podcasts to graduate courses, there are a variety of programs across U-M to enhance professional development for everyone.
The Michigan Online portal provides a one-stop site to find online courses and learning opportunities based on subjects. Offerings include U-M faculty led online courses through Coursera, short learning opportunities through Teach Outs, and course series that build to often result in a certificate or degree.
Through Michigan Online, alumni, students, staff, and faculty can earn University of Michigan individual course and series certificates offered by Michigan Online at no cost.
Alumni Education Gateway
The Alumni Association of the University of Michigan connects you to the educational resources of U-M through the Alumni Education Gateway. It offers searchable content on any topic in a variety of formats, regardless of your affiliation with U-M. Most content like podcasts, videos, and articles are free and open to the public. Select online courses and certificates are free for Michigan alumni.
Browse by subject, course, event, or partner affiliation to find areas to advance your own skillset and learn from the Leaders and Best at the University of Michigan.
Degree and Certificate-Granting Options
The University offers numerous degree and certificate-granting options in a number of different disciplines. These programs can be customized to meet the specific needs of your company and its key decision makers.
- Center for Occupational Health & Safety Engineering: Continuing Education
- Certificate in Current and Emerging Technologies
- Challenge Program
- College of Engineering: Integrative Systems and Design Foreign Language
- School of Public Health: Continuing Education
- School of Social Work: Continuing Professional Education
- Stephen M. Ross School of Business: Executive Education Center
- Tauber Institute for Global Operations
- U-M Dearborn: Engineering Professional Development
- U-M Flint: K-12 Professional Development & Continuing Education
- University of Michigan HRD Professional Development Programs
- William Davidson Institute: Executive Education